Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Dreams

I drift in the gray spaces
Between my desires and realities,
Seeking the path that leads
From the unreal to the real.
I want to make my dreams something tangible.
These are not the fabrications of ego,
These are my true heart's desires.
Look within,
What does your heart truly desire?

I seek to escape the darkness,
Drawn naturally to the light.
How do we find the way,
From the clouded twilight of our unrealities,
Into the pure light,
That shines from within every soul?
What is your gift, your light?

Sometimes it seems I am scarcely living at all
so trapped by ego expectations,
The idea of compassion for self, alien.
Sleepwalking through existence,
So focused on future,
I can't see now--
But now is upon us,
Are you present?
Are you here?

Dreams need not be elusive.
They do not exist solely in the mind.
It is for us to seize them,
Pin them down,
Make them concrete.
What does your heart truly desire?

Leave the realm of dreams
and make your greatest wishes your reality.