Sunday, January 17, 2010

Grace in the Transitions

Lately, I find myself running from here to there with scarcely a second to breathe and I am reminded: we can either surrender to stress or transition with grace. My hope is to always transition without a hitch, without worry and without anxiety.

We practice these transitions all the time in yoga. In a vinyasa class, we learn to link breath and movement. In vinyasa, the posture never ends. The same is true with life. We will never find our lives without changes or transitions, but it is how we react to these adjustments that matters. Even off our mat, we can look to our breath to smooth our way between one activity and the next.

Today when you practice, I encourage you to play with the transitions between your yoga postures. Use breath as your guide and never allow the flow to cease.