Thursday, October 29, 2009

Controlling Suffering

To react is to suffer. To react is often to become frustrated and irritated. I know these things and yet I find myself coiled to react. Why am I coiled? Perhaps it is my modus operandi, and old pattern and set of conditioning I find it difficult to break. Why am I so frustrated? Frankly, I am frustrated for ridiculous reasons. I am frustrated by the excuses. I am frustrated by the failure of others to take responsibility. I am frustrated by a bunch of whining and complaining with no active attempts at solutions but the bottom line is; why am I even letting this affect me?

Why do the actions of others even bother me? Why must I always be in control?

To practice yoga completely is to let go. Let go of outcome. Let go of expectation. Let go of ego and self. Just be. Just be. Live and let live. Keep your inner light alive. Keep shining still and pure. Keep your personal integrity and center, that you might truly know peace, love and compassion. See others with the soft light of empathy. You are not perfect, so don’t expect others to be. Love and accept others even with all their flaws. Seek your own peace that you might lend it to the world in peace.